Monday, March 16, 2009

Life-Changing Moments


Life-changing moments, have you ever had these moments? I have had several throughout the course of my life.  The one that stands out the most is what I like to call my miracle.  God has called me to be a missionary.  The spark was lit in me a few years ago on the first mission trip I took to Peru.  I didn't know what to expect.  When I got home, I knew that I wanted to do it again.  I surrendered to God and asked him to show me my purpose because "I" didn't know what to do with my life and I felt lost.  God sent me on many trips since then and opened the eyes of my heart to love those who are the least in the world.  He placed a strong desire in my heart to be a missionary.  I prayed for the opportunity to do it for more than a few weeks.  My heart desires to do it for the rest of my life.  I knew that God had to decided when I was ready and his timing is perfect.  I heard God's call and answered it.  I am so excited and overjoyed to serve God this way and in all the ways he asks me to.  Thank you Father for my miracle.

No comments: