Monday, December 19, 2011

10 Things I Love About Living In Africa

1. The richness of the culture and the traditions.

2. How loving and welcoming the people are.

3. Listening to and learning different languages and meeting people from different tribes and countries.

4. The different tribal names that I have been given:
Shaka - Zulu name after King Shaka who united the Zulus
Naaserian - a Maasai name which means peaceful
Ishara - Swahili name meaning sign

5. That each day brings something different. There is never a dull moment.

6. That I don't look different from the local people and they treat me like one of them. They always speak the local language to me.

7. How amazing the singing is. Everyone sings beautifully and with passion.

8. The local food is very good and I have eaten so many different things. In South Africa my favorite thing is steamed bread; in Kenya chapati is my favorite thing.

9. The beautiful and intriquite beadwork of the Zulus and Maasai people.

10. The importance of the relationships and taking the time to develop them.

Getting my face painted and wearing traditional Zulu beads....

Standing with my Maasai friends Evangelists Lazurus on my left and William on the right


Standing with friends from Uganda (Enoch & Frank) who are studying at the seminary in Pretoria


No comments: