Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Out of the Mouths of Babes....

"Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it. And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them." Mark 10:15-16

It is amazing the simple ways that God works in our lives to show us how awesome he is. I had another "Jesus Moment" today. The kids at the creche (preschool) have been learning Bible songs during chapel service. It is a good way for them to learn about Jesus and to learn English. My new colleague Ginger has been teaching them songs like "Jesus Love Me This I know" and "The B.I.B.L.E". The children usually sing songs before breakfast. This morning I suggested that they sing a song that they have been learning during chapel. So the principal gathered them together and much to my surprise they belted out....."Halleu! Halleu! Halleu! Halleuia, Praise Ye the Lord... and sang it beautifully. The smiles on their faces as they sang and their beautiful voices lifted up in praise to our God gave me goosebumps.

It was so good I asked if they could sing another song. They sang "Jesus Love Me This I know, for the Bible tells me so" and used hand gestures. It was the perfect start to my day. So I ran to get my camera to try and capture just a glimpse of this "Jesus Moment." Man do I love serving the Lord.



The kids singing....aren't they cute
Ginger and principal Mzobe lead the children in singing "Jesus Loves Me This I Know"

No comments: