Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pretoria in Springtime.....


I spent last week in Pretoria and it was wonderful. It was a time to debrief with my supervisor Cindy about how I feel about being here, if I'm adjusting, what challenges I may have, that sort of thing. We talked for a long time about lots of things and it is great to know that I have her support and her friendship. I also got some well needed R & R and caught up on some work.

Now the great thing about Pretoria especially in Springtime are the Jakarander trees. The streets are lined with them and they have beautiful purple flowers. Just looking down the streets all you can see are rows and rows of purple. Absolutely amazing! There are Jakaranders in Hillcrest, but they are scattered here and there. I got to spend time with one of the other missionaries as well. It was a good trip. I got back to Hillcrest Saturday afternoon. Yes, Saturday was Halloween. It's not that big of a thing here in South Africa like it is in the U.S. I pray that everyone had a safe time trick-or-treating. Have a few pieces of candy for me.

No comments: