Thursday, October 22, 2009

A day to relax....

Today I had the opportunity to relax and get caught up on emails and downloading pictures, updating software, you name it. All the things that I couldn't do because I didn't have internet access at home. It is so amazing to finally have it. Oh the simple pleasures of life.

It was a bit overcast and I sat in the living room looking out the window at the hills with a light mist falling, God spoke to me. I heard what has become a very important scripture in my life. Pastor Arnie used it as he blessed me during my installation. It reads...I lift up my eyes to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth - Psalm 121:1-2 It fit the mood as I spent some time with God during my morning devotion. Days like this are so important. God knew that I needed it and like always his timing is always perfect.

1 comment:

Bernie said...

Shara, It was so very nice getting to know you. Shongweni couldn't have asked for a better missionary. I know with God's help, you will be able to do great things for the special people there.
Like my previous 2 trips before, upon returning home, I just wanted to be still and reflect on all that had taken place. I feel so very blessed to have been able to go again.
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Pat O'Keefe, fellow Alto.