Thursday, January 14, 2010

School supplies.....

I want to send a big "THANK YOU" to all the teams that brought school supplies last year. I was able to give them to the children to help in getting them back to school. It's funny how sometimes we take things for granted. This afternoon as I was on my way to the homes I saw children coming from school and it made me sad to see that instead of a school bag all some of them had was a plastic bag and they were carrying their pencils and other things in their hand. I also saw a small boy, probably about 5 or 6 years old just crying his eyes out. I asked someone to find out what was wrong and someone stole his shoes at school so he had to walk home barefoot. It is only the second day of school.

Please keep the children in your prayers.

No comments: