Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy New Year...... back to school


Happy New Year!!! The year has started off with a bang for me and I am ready to dig my heels in. Last week Pastor Thwala and I spent a few days meeting with the orphan families to get school information for the children. There are 92 children that will be going back to school on Wednesday. Today Pastor Thwala and I met with the caregivers in Pinetown to go shopping for school uniforms. I thought that it would go by quickly since folks would have already done all of their shopping. Not!!!!! The store was packed and it was sheer madness with folks grabbing pants, shoes, skirts, backpacks. After a long 6 hours we got most of what we needed to get the children off to a good start.

Please keep the children in your prayers as they head back to school. Pray for a good year for them and that they will get good marks. I ask this because the recent matric results across the country were not very positive. There were 18 schools that had a zero percent pass rate and across the country the pass rate was very low. Education is key to their future.

No comments: