Thursday, February 4, 2010

Happy Birthday!!!!


Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me!!!! Wow, I can't believe that I am celebrating my birthday in South Africa. Not something that I would have ever imagined. In the weeks leading up to my birthday I was a little sad because I didn't know how the day was going to be. Usually I celebrate with my friends. We go to dinner and have a grand time. A very good friend said to me, "how awesome it is to celebrate your birthday in the mission field by serving God." That gave me a new perspective on things. Even though my family and friends were not here, I knew that God would make my day special. It was a very happy birthday indeed. A very dear friend had a birthday breakfast in my honor and I was deeply touched by her kindness. In the afternoon I went for tea and cake with another friend. Thanks to Facebook and email, I received birthday wishes from family and friends. I was truly blessed today.


No comments: