Monday, March 1, 2010

Alone no more......


The new missionary Julia Wehrenberg arrived in South Africa on January 27th from Illinois. I had been looking forward to her arrival with joy. Finally, I would be alone no more. It will be great having someone to talk to rather than talking to myself (I really don't talk to myself). She spent part of February in Middleburg getting an introduction to the Zulu language and culture. I joined here in Midlleburg during her last week there getting to know a little about her. Julia will be here for 1 year so I have time to know her better. We had the opportunity to be on the radio where we were able to share about the work we will be doing in South Africa, why we felt called and shared our love for Christ. It was a good experience. We headed back to Pretoria where we stayed with the Rodewald family before heading down to Durban. I have spent the past few days helping to get Julia settled and showing her around Hillcrest and Pinetown. We attended church in Ntshongweni on Sunday and today she was able to meet some of the families. I am glad to have Julia here and look forward to serving with her.

No comments: