Friday, September 18, 2009

Rainy days....

Yesterday was the start of rainy weather. It was misty all day, like something you would see in a horror movie. Today was a bit more of a down pour but is now very grey. Yes, it is cold, cold, cold. I think that we will have sunny days on the weekend. Yeah for me since I love the heat.

I spent the week looking for a place to live. Since things are a bit different it has been a bit of a challenge. But last night I saw a place that I love and I am praying that God will help me to decide if this is the one. It is in a good location and I liked everything about it. So prayerfully this is the one. Everything is so different and will take some getting used to. Cell phone services and internet is a world apart from what I am used to. For example, in the U.S. we have unlimited internet usage and we pay one standard fee per month. In South Africa there is a cap, which means that you buy a package with 1 or 2 GIG for a standard fee and if you use it in a month then you can buy more GIG's as you need. I think that you can get an unlimited package but it may be very expensive. No worries, I will have to adjust. I am taking it all in stride.

A team from Pittsburg arrives tomorrow. I am excited to meet them all and get to work with them. They will be building a house for an elderly lady name Margaret. So please keep the team in your prayers as they travel and as they work.

Sala kahle

1 comment:

JuliaWinSouthAfrica said...

Blessings on your work with the team! I pray that everything with your housing works out well. Whenever you get the chance I'd love to get an e-mail about how things are going for you. Lots of people have asked now that I am doing presentations and such, so it would be great to know more even though it's nice to have your blog to refer to! God's blessings on your weekend. In Christ, Julia